Casualty Claims Handler
MPL Claims Management is ERGO’s own in-house third-party administrator managing multi line claims including property, casualty, and motor for both its own and external customers.
ERGO is one of the major insurance groups in Germany and Europe. The Group is represented in around thirty countries worldwide, focusing on Europe and Asia. In its home market of Germany, ERGO ranks among the leading providers across all segments.
Our exciting opportunity
Monday to Friday, 35-hour week, 1 hour lunch
£20,000.00 - £30,000.00
Hybrid working once passed MPL training
Experienced in some of the below… looking for exposure to a wider variety of claims? MPL are inclusive employer and welcome everyone, we will offer training to become a cross class handler!
· Using your claims handling experience in order to settle claims minimising potential for increased costs.
· Handling a portfolio of Employers/Public/Property Owners &Products liability claims from first notification of loss through to closure of the claim.
· Carry out investigations on claims where appropriate to obtain quantum and liability information in order to make policy and legal liability decisions.
· Inbound and outbound call handling, capturing correct data and acting at a first point of contact for customers, insurers and legal providers.
· Support in the handling of low level complaints and complex enquires.
· Work to targets ensuring service level agreements are adhered to on all claims.
Your skills and experience
· 1-5 years’ experience required in handling Employers/Public/Property Owners &Products liability claims (Other insurance classes can be considered)
· Excellent communication skills, with a strong customer focus
· Experience negotiating with solicitors